We are looking for a Community Manager
We are looking for an empathetic and passionate community manager to nourish our community of creative hubs!
Are you the special one?
The European Creative Hubs Network is a peer-led network with a mission to enhance the creative, economic, and social impact of hubs.
As focal points for creative businesses, hubs offer the most effective way to support the growth and development of creative industries. To achieve this, hubs themselves need to network, to pool resources, share best practices, and build on advocacy, policy, and opportunities, as a strong and cohesive community.
The ECHN community gathers creative hub leaders across Europe and beyond in order to support hubs, and hence Europe’s creative industries.
About the Job
We are looking for a freelance community manager to handle all the processes related to the community of hub leaders in the European Creative Hubs Network.
As an empathetic and passionate community manager, you will be our point person for the community and in charge of related communications.
You will be in direct contact with the creative hubs leaders and teams within a pan European scope and will access interesting networking and traveling opportunities while having the opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Europe and beyond.
You will be working closely together with the ECHN board of directors to achieve an efficient workflow.
Contract Type: Freelance contract
Involvement: 4 hours per day; 20 hours/week
Fee range: 500 – 1000 Euros per month. (The fee will be determined based on the experience, skills & competencies and the residential address)
Location: Remote work
Contract Duration: 1 year (August 2020 to August 2021)
Deadline for application: 15th of July
- Being the first contact point of the network members, conducting interviews with candidates, and following up on their membership journeys.
- Establishing close contact with each member of the network, ensuring an efficient information flow between members of the network.
- Managing the community’s communication channels with an inclusive and original language and tone.
- Designing and leading effective interventions to increase the number and quality of collaborations among network members.
- Developing membership models further, matching the existing models with new audiences through different value propositions.
- Following up on member payments in coordination with the accountant and the treasurer.
- Ideating, strategizing and executing on the internal and external communications of ECHN.
- Being responsible for all social media activities of ECHN.
- Initiating and executing activities and event series to engage the community, travel on-site to member hubs when needed.
- Creating periodic reports in spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a related domain (online/offline community management, customer relationships management, communications, copywriting etc.).
- Strong motivation to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Proficiency in creative content generation.
- Ability to bring together and connect people both online and offline.
- Ability to see the big picture and strategically respond to communication flow with fluent storytelling skills.
- Ability to follow the most recent trends in the Cultural and Creative Industries ecosystem.
- Availability and permission to travel by plane within Europe
Preferred skills and qualities
- Having a strong understanding of the creative hub’s ecosystem (minimum a year experience as a member of the community/team of a creative hub)
- Experience in project management
- Having an optimistic attitude with the ability to embrace ambiguity
- Empathic attitude, strong self-expression and communication skills
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents
- Experience in digital project management and communication tools such as MailChimp.
- Basic proficiency in visual design software such as Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Contract Type: Freelance contract
- Involvement: 4 hours per day; 20 hours/week
- Location: Remote work
- Contract Duration: 1 year (August 2020 to August 2021)
- Deadline for application: 15th of July